Bright and Cheery

I have already framed this painting of a basket of Pelargonium and hung it on my studio wall immediately.
I glance up at it often as it is so bright and cheery so even if it is raining, blowing like crazy outside and freezing cold it is warming to look at. 
Pelargonium
I chose this subject from my walk around Riga in Latvia which is the chosen location on Virtual Paintout for June. There are lots of cafes and restaurants with baskets of flowers framing their doorways or outdoor eating areas and you can see here where I stopped and took my reference for my painting. I may get the chance to do another from Latvia before the months end but I am eagerly awaiting that special phone call to say I am to be a first time grandmother any time now so my painting will certainly be second fiddle then and from time to time in the future no doubt.

After this weekend my first exhibition of work at Off the Slate comes to an end and I need to choose another 5 or 6 works to be hung for the new exhibition. This is a good way of keeping the gallery fresh and interesting to locals as they love to pop in and keep up with all the new art on show and gives the artist the opportunity to show newer work. 

I am at Off the Slate Gallery at Willunga on this Public holiday Monday11th June from 10am to 4pm so if you get a chance to pop in I would love to see you