Enjoying the Challenge


Thai Orchids

This is my entry for this months Virtual Paintout challenge. Artist Bill Guffey has chosen Thailand and we are allowed to paint whatever we like as long as we have used Google street view to find our inspired subject. I walked the streets of Bangkok and further afield and found many hanging pots of Orchids.




I have completed a second July challenge already as I am enjoying getting back into my art. This Still Life was a set challenge for a watercolour group called Create 38.
Still Life Limes
Each month a member sets a subject or theme and those that wish to take up the challenge paint and we share our results and critique. Members are from all over the world and this is where the internet really can help you be in touch with like minded people no matter where you are located. I set up this favorite jug on our kitchen bench, using limes from our garden in a fancy glass bowl given to us many years ago by Ians mother. The challenges really help you step out of your comfort zone and try something new and for me this meant using drawing and more precise follow the sketch painting - something I do not do these days much at all as I thoroughly enjoy using watercolours with no preliminary sketch most of the time.