|Me and Mum|
Second place Summer Art Fest
Creative Catalyst Productions USA
- This week I received a lovely email from Creative Catalyst Productions in the USA advising I had been awarded second place for my entry in their Summer Art Fest. I entered Me and Mum as this was painted during our Australian summer.
- I have been through a selection process and have been chosen to have 3 of my paintings included in a wildlife exhibition in Adelaide as part of the Fringe Festival in February and I will be showing Me and Mum as one of my choices.
one of my paintings for this new exhibtiion
- Art @ Goolwa has a new show opening in a couple of weeks and I have to deliver 5 new pieces in a weeks time. The only one I am certain on has been included on the invitation so I now must choose 4 more.
- The big show in January in Victor Harbor by Rotary has entries closing at the end of this month and I need to choose 3 for this. I still keep fingers crossed that I may come up with a masterpiece before then but am really pleased that I do have a good choice of framed paintings already so no pressure if nothing new is achieved.
- For the month of December I am the feature artist in Art@Goolwa and this means that in addition to my 5 new paintings on show from this month I have a feature wall to fill with more.
I am so grateful that I am at the place and time in my life where I can immerse myself in art and with all that is involved I understand why my painting had to lay dormant for all those years that I was in business but it was the hard work during those years that enabled me to take early retirement from the workforce and find pure joy in a creative life. I am ever thankful for your continued support.