Day One - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Gossip in the Gaggle
Painting size 28.5cm x 38cm
I do not intend to blog everyday of the challenge but will group some days paintings together. I am blogging on the first day just to get the challenge for me underway and of course it is already at the end of day one here in Australia.
Today I put the finishing touches to this watercolour and have put it on Leslie Saetas day one of the challenge. I thought when I chose to paint the geese it might be easy as a lot of the paper could be left white but this was certainly not the case as it took a lot of thought to get the geese to stand out from each other. I also enjoyed extending the thought of more in the gaggle right to the back of the group with some negative painting. It ended up taking me quite a few hours to complete.  I have added it to my website for sale unframed but have it in mind for an exhibition in late March if it has not sold.  Hope you like this first painting for 2014.

Comments

  1. Dear Lorraine, I admire your courage to start this challenge in a month!
    A truly powerful start to the year! My warmest wishes for everything in life and art.
    The geese are beautiful and full of rhythm in a complex composition, a real masterpiece, considering the difficulties of white for watercolorists! I wish you much success for your beautiful paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful first painting Lorraine! The composition is amazing! I will be watching your progress and wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lorraine. You started out wonderfully with this very challenging painted . Very well done , wish you happy painting !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful piece Lorraine! Yes, this looks more complicated than "easy"! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great start of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gaggle of geese, and you made each one stand out individually! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Lorraine! Best to you in the challenges ahead. You're off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Lorraine - this gaggle of geese are wonderful. I so admire you for taking up the challenge to do a painting a day. Will be looking forward to seeing all your new pieces. Take care and have a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful painting. And I do like the negative shapes at the top. Wishing you a great continuing of this new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you dear blogger friends for your generous comments on my first painting for 2014. I know we shall have a brilliant year of sharing our art

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lorraine, I can't stop coming back to look at this one. I see it is on hold. Will you be making prints?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Lillian, I have it entered in a show at Easter. I can offer a print using archival inks and fine art paper can you email if you are interested and we can talk options

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.