Days 22,23,24

Giant in Hiding
Watercolour 57cm x 38cm



I dont think it is that I'm slowing down but I am certainly taking a lot more considered time over my paintings since starting the challenge at the beginning of the month. I am taking two days often to finish a larger painting where as last year I did everything in one sitting. I am being more observant, and also keen to achieve what is in my mind and confident I can if I make brushstrokes with some consideration amongst those I do with gay abandon.Today I finished this Giant Hibiscus which was from a reference sent to me last year by a client taken in her garden in Spain (purchaser of  my Foxglove painting).
The flower is true to the photo image but I have captured the background using my imagination. Add in two little "delicious foodies" and I am up to date.






Comments

  1. Beautiful light on the hibiscus Lorraine! And that color with the background is perfect. Love the orange slices on the pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The foodies look delicious, Lorraine, but the hibiscus is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giant in Hiding is magical Lorraine!! It has a dreamy quality. I love the background, it enhances the beauty of the flower.
    Your foodies look yummier too! Beautifully painted fish and I love the addition of the lemon slices. Great reflections in the pudding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely painting and I believe the challenge benefits us all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning hibiscus painting, Lorraine. The bg is really excellent. You are coming down the homestretch now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Hibiscus is stunning, such a beautiful color , looks so real , and what a giant size indeed ! Seeing it in real life must be a treat! Your two foodie illustrations are great too and looking gooood !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your giant is stunning. I love your textured background, just set it off so well. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lorraine - what a beautiful flower and I adore your background. So glad you are keeping up and your foodies certainly are a delight too. Take care and enjoy your summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flower is so lovely Lorraine. What a little jewel of a painting! Real fine work! And your foodies makes me smile! I wish you plenty of energy for the last sprint of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job on the hibiscus!!! I like the abstracted background. Your foodies make me hungry. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.