Delicious Recipes

When I decided to sign up for the January challenge of 30 paintings in 30 days I knew I would not be able to create a finished worthy full size painting everyday, Alas it does not work out that way as many of my blogging artists would know. I knew I needed a back up plan to have some little studies for the days when I had no time to paint or nothing worthy of showing.
Please bear with me whilst I explain my idea:
When I first left the work force I cooked with a passion. Three course special meals several times a week, I had nothing else to do. I have for some years subscribed to a cooking magazine called "delicious" published by the ABC and the idea was that when the new monthly copy arrived I would try out at least a couple of the recipes. My husband loved it but I got fat!. Lucky for me I found my old watercolour paints and no more excessive cooking and a little bit of weight loss (sadly not enough)
I had the idea for my back up painting studies to select recipe photos from my many copies of this lovely magazine and paint them in watercolour. These are only 6" x 4" and very quick and fun to do. I was pleased that I could also add the writing in watercolour which is a measure of my motor skills because when I first painted back in 2011 I had a lot of trouble even signing my name in watercolour on my work as I could not get the letters down without lots of splodges.
I feel very pleased that my "delicious" subscription has come in very handy.
I look forward to storing them in an album as a keepsake of this months challenge.
 "Panforte" has been posted on Leslie Satea day two of the challenge

Comments

  1. Neat story Lorraine! And I really like your panforte painting...more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such good ideas Lorraine... so creative!! Look forward to the next culinary delights!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine - this is going to be such a treat to see. One of my first loves was cooking. For an entire year I sampled a new recipe everyday...thank goodness hubby was adventurous...alas I too turned to painting more and cooking less. Have fun creating. That panforte looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does it not surprise me that you are a good cook, Lorraine? Your creative force drives your actions, and for good reason. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea to do these!!! However you are going to make the rest of us hungry. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking time to comment, this is going to be a hard slog this month and there will be a lot of blog posts from artists across the globe and it will be a challenge in itself to keep up with them in fact it will be impossible and still have the time to paint the 30 paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I´m looking forward to see all your 30 paintings. A good idea to use the recepies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your idea about painting recipes Lorraine! This challenge is great in that it pushes us to try new things..also, it is better we focus on painting rather than eating, especially after all those holiday dinners. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Panforte is a delicious sweet that comes from Italy and we eat it specially for Christmas...you painted it beautifully, and at least it doesn't make you fat LOL . Loved the reading :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.