Feeling the Heat

Heat Resistant
Painting size 38cm x 28.5cm
listed for sale on my website


Whilst many of you are in freezing cold weather patterns we are of course in Summer. Not that it has been very hot as we have had some odd weather too keeping the temperatures cool and where I am so very very windy. For my Day 8 of the painting 30 in 30 days challenge I have to painted a Camel using a reference my husband took late last year when we stumbled upon a Camel farm in the Adelaide hills. Camels in the Australin outback are in huge numbers ( the largest ferral population in the world). I enjoyed using the hot reds and golds for the background depicting the colours of the Australian desert. The heat I am feeling is trying to keep up with all the posting, blogging and commenting that taking part in a huge challenge like this creates.

Comments

  1. The colors on this painting are truly inspired, Lorraine. I just love how you capture the personality of the animals you paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on the camel Lorraine! I love the energy in the strokes. Great work on the previous days posts. I remember looking at them but realized I forgot to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that hot background! I didn't realize there were so many camels in Australia. Nice work on his/her face and coat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great picture Lorraine. I love how you captured his personality. He looks like he is laughing. Hope your summer warms up a bit and when you get through - may your winter not be as cold as ours! Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The warm red is really beautiful to show off the camel , lovely painting. I never thought there were camels in Australia ..lots of Kangaroos but no camels :-) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lorraine:) This little fellow made me laugh. He is so cute and so well painted. I love him! Good luck with the 30 in 30 challenge! Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you have to paint too Lorraine! What a wonderful camel, and I sure didn't know the feral camel facts. Must be a girl with those lashes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered you are doing the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" Challenge, Lorraine. I appreciated how much you supported me when I did it and would love to do the same for you! I love your Camel .. like him, keep smiling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to know that there are camels in Australia! I think you ,with loving thoughts for this bold challenge painting! You have painted ALL lovely watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I am not replying to each comment as I would usually but I am just keeping up with this whole business. I really admire the artists who have done this before, its the "paperwork" side that is the challenge - never the painting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.