Plenty of Tea

It seems I have not been in my studio as much this past week even though I have two new "Infusions" to show you. Each presented me with new challenges and I spent two days on each work but I learnt so much from them and it gives me confidence to know I can get the result I want if I persevere.

I have never had a cup of Chai tea but have a little sample sachet and composed this work from the idea of its ingredients list: Black tea,cloves,cardamom,cinnamon pieces, star anise, ginger pieces. Serve with Milk and Honey.

Just Peppermint from T2 is my favorite studio drink. I make many, many cups per day and probably get to drink about three and the others are stone cold by the time I remember to stop painting and pick up the cup.
With Milk and Honey


Just Peppermint


Comments

  1. I love how you used the honeycomb pattern for the background of the first one. Lovely job on both of these. It makes me want to go have a cup. lol This is a really nice series, Lorraine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both gorgeous Lorraine! I particularly love the peppermint one- very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very creative works, both really pretty. Love that honey bee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the honeycomb as the background of the upper painting and the bright colors in the peppermint...both well done Lorraine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lorraine I love the sense of joy that your "infusion" compositions transmit to the viewer.
    I believe happy you too, bringing together elements and colors, with such harmony.
    I wish you success on these series that will give joy into every home where they will be exposed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorraine, this is a joy to look at! I just love that cup of tea with all those mint leaves. Looks quite refreshing. Bravo! And I would love a tchai tea also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspiring as always Lorraine! I hope you'll get to try some good Chai some time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of these, Lorraine, although I'm partial to Chai - I drink it all the time, and your painting truly captures its essence. Loving this series!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I do this with my coffee - sip a bit and then get busy with something else (even just blogging), and it has to be reheated!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.