Saturday, 3 January 2015

Send me some Fairy Magic

Nearly Ripe
Watercolour on Arches 300gsm Rough Paper
28.5cm x 38cm



When we moved into our home a few years ago I was very excited to have a beautiful plum tree in the back garden. We pick and stew the fruit which takes us a couple of days to finish. As I look out of my studio window today I see it over laden with fruit nearing its ripe for picking time. Whilst I look forward to having the delicious stewed fruit over the next few months I don't want to give up my studio painting time to do all the work. I need a sugar PLUM fairy to magic it done.





5 comments:

  1. Oh, beautiful plum piece Lorraine and thank you for the photo of your tree. We only have flowering plums (no fruit) here it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fluidity of the washes in the bg Lorraine and how you have picked out parts of the branches...lovely painting!! And I so agree about taking up your time "stewing plums"..... why not offer the plums to a neighbour to stew in return for a share of the produce?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing to have your own plums in the garden, nothing is better! Lovely painting Lorraine and wishing you a great 2015 !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making me miss the warm weather, Lorraine! Your plums looks so juicy, and I love the lost and found edges you created in your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your plum tree and the painting of it look beautiful Lorraine! I hope that Sugar Plum Fairy arrives soon for you! Your flamingo in your previous post is rally lovely. Good luck with the Washing Girls blog - I just had a quick peek and it looks very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.