Not one new thing but at least four in the same painting!
- Paint BIGGER than ever (75cm x 50cm)
- Paint UPRIGHT using easel
- Paint on UNUSUAL SURFACE (Illustration Board)
- Paint using watercolour SILVER and GOLD
The idea behind this was to help me tackle a street scene that was a little more complex for me. By setting the challenge so big I felt no pressure for it to succeed because after all I had stacked the odds against me.
Whilst this may not be my best work I am really pleased with it on lots of levels because I not only finished with a credible try but I learnt a lot.
- I enjoyed painting upright - I often angle my surface slightly but nowhere near to the extent of the degree in doing this work on the easel
- I made a light drawing using a Derwent Light wash HB sketching pencil which was great as it could be washed off with water as adjustments were made, drawing and scaling up to size directly from observation off my computer monitor.
- The Illustration board was never meant for watercolour but providing you kept the water away from seeping under the edge it was great for lifting, and light scrubbing which was very beneficial as I made big perspective corrections at the end
- Use my Week #2 Wash a Week Challenge colour study of silver and gold
|Cropped size 60cm x 39cm|