Endless Emu

The quirky faces of the Australian Emu draw me in every time. Basically when I see them in the wild or in parks they really can all look the same excepting for their wild hair do's.
The Australian landscape is incredibly varied and so with just a few photos of emu faces, side on, full on etc, there are endless possibilities to compose a painting by changing these around and depicting their location with colour and texture. I have painted a few single emu and following the sale of one last week and the suggestion that a multiple emu work may be of interest to my client I bought the idea of this from further down my "to do" list, to the top.
Errol, Ed and Ezmerelda  in Flinders Ranges colours didn't make it to the gallery wall as it was snapped up by a studio visitor as soon as it was off the easel early this week.  I have just framed Flossie, Fred and Fitzy who are blending with the colours of the Red Centre which may suit my emu collector, if not I will happily choose a new palette, new hair do's, new landscape and do another,

Errol, Ed and Ezmerelda
Sold


Flossie, Fred and Fitzy
425gsm Saunders Waterford Medium 1/2 sheet
Framed Size 76cm x 57cm $450 AUD

.

Comments

  1. I just love their faces and their eyes! You do such a great job on them, and have perfectly styled their hair dos!! I can understand why these would be snapped up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These whimsical characters of yours always raise a smile when I see them Lorraine. They are fabulous and I can imagine them wandering around that hot Aussie landscape you have over there. Beautifully portrayed. Really pleased they found a home to wander to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your emus are always so wonderfully done Lorraine! Very neat they have a new home too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These lovely paintings put always a smile on my face!! Love your Emus - both color combinations looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lorraine - these emus are priceless...I can see why one didn't make it to the gallery. We have them here but they are much rarer than in your part of the world. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. they're really cute, Lorraine. Your animal series continues to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a funny animal! Every time time I see one it makes me smiles. Must look fabulous in their irespective frames. :0

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great! Like meercats, these animals have a fun personality we humans find so amusing - wonder if they find us as funny? ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  9. They each have a character of their own but I love how you use the medium so well to create the texture of their feathers. You have a gift painting animals ,Lorraine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They make me smile :) tough guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.