By Myself

The delight of a toddler on his first bike, staying on all by himself and such a special bike - its RED
By Myself
Saunders Waterford 425gsm - bright white cold press paper
40cm x 32cm
This work presented me with new challenges:
1. Painting a child from a black and white photo and getting the values to read right
2. Keeping a perfectly clean white background, tricky as I painted the bike first so any water drips
and the red would certainly have left its mark, I used greaseproof paper to lean on as I usually manage to add colour off my wet sleeve as I work around a painting.

This painting along with all my latest are included in the rehang of my studio ready for SALA - South Australias biggest arts festival which starts at the end of the week and runs right through August. I have open studio each weekend 1-4pm and am also in a group show at The Kensington Hotel, Regent Street Kensington. I will be painting during the open studio times as visitors love to see artists in action.

Comments

  1. Adorable, Lorraine. Your grandchild, perhaps?

    Best of luck and enjoy the arts festival. Sure wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an intriguing painting - the hot red against the black and white is really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful composition Lorraine! Really wonderful work on the child, he is so cute the way he is concentrating on his red tricycle! Best wishes for a successful show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Lorraine! And wonderful work on those values. Hoping SALA goes well...sure sounds exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really strong painting. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this!!! The grey tones with the pop of the red trike make it so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything about this piece is amazing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.