Blog Break

Contemplation
Watercolour on Saunders Waterford Hot Press 425gsm
56cm x 42cm
Contemplation is hot off the easel and the last for a while as we are taking a five week break.
I am taking my paints as I will be attending a 5 day workshop with Fabio Cembranelli in Queensland. It will take us a week towing our caravan to reach the workshop as it is more than 2000 kms away. After the workshop we will be holidaying and taking our time to get back by the end of October. Depending on whether I can live without all this social media interaction or if internet is easily obtained I might not post until I get back. Over on Wash a Week Challenge blog I am scheduling a few posts so I am not so far behind when I return.
A new exhibition opportunity came up this week called "Waterways", to be held at Clayton not so far from where I live so this latest work and three other bird/water theme works will be there for the one day event on October 31st. My studio walls look totally bare as my paintings are hanging all over the state but what better timing can there be.
Time now to pack the painting travel kit and say goodbye to my Studio. Contemplation for me too as to how I will manage with out my daily studio fix.

Comments

  1. Such a lovely guy!! And these are really fantastic weeks ahead you. I wish you a lot of fun and inspiration. Take care of you both and return with many inspiring ideas, Lorraine.

    xo, isabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful bird piece Lorraine. Always inspiring. Have a wonderful time at the Fabio Cembranelli workshop...so exciting! And your sight seeing sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Lorraine! I love the rich browns and blues. Have fun, especially the workshop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bird, I love the washes in the background! Have fun on the workshop and holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy a well deserved break, Lorraine. Sounds like fun, and a workshop included! Lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorraine, lovely painting!!! So glad you are getting so many opportunities to show your beautiful work. Have a wonderful trip, enjoy the workshop, and enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your workshop and holiday! You have been so prolific you will enjoy the break!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh do enjoy your workshop and break. I have watched on You Tube Fabio Cembranelli demonstrate his painting skills. I am sure you will have lots of fun. Love Contemplation too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You' re lucky my friend! I hope you've enjoyed your workshop Lorraine, Fabio is such a great aquarellist . Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.