Lots of White

Thanks for your comments last week on my Geese painting.
Here is a painting with Sulphur Crested Cockatoos where I have lots of white paper. I often find in my work that I don't leave enough unpainted bits but when the subjects are white and paper has to be left I seem to also leave white paper elsewhere.  I did three little colour studies first before starting this work and settled on 4 colours: Winsor Lemon, Quinacridone Violet, Managnese Blue, Bloodstone Genuine.
I imagined the two girls with the well coiffed hair whispering whether to share their hairdresser with the girl at the top.

Shall We Tell?
on 425gsm Bright White, Saunders Waterford CP Paper
Unframed size 56cm x 42cm



Comments

  1. Your negative painting is so good...love your color choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine...gossiping cockatoos! Love them! I always love your parrots. The dark negative shape between the birds is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the branches, everything about this is really well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so good, Lorraine. Love your background, too. Clever inspiration story, too. So amazing that you don't do any drawing, just lay on your paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terry I do use a pencil sometimes, especially to get an animal shape right, just the outline maybe or where the eyes or nose need to be

      Delete
  5. Preciosas las cacatĂșas. Me gusta el contraste de color con el amarillo de sus cabezas. Enhorabuena.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh beautiful Lorraine , and the hairdresser bit made me smile :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really charming and I love the idea of the two thinking about sharing their hairdresser with the top girl who seems a bit lacking (perhaps she's just come back from the gym and her "hair" is in a ponytail? ha ha Clever painting and thought - I like all the white - makes it really popl

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just amazing!! Love your thoughts with the 2 girls and their hairdresser.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.