Friday, 19 August 2016

Worth the Wait

A Hint of Spring
56cm x 43cm on Saunders Waterford CP 425gsm

I am not a painter who easily works on more than watercolour at a time as I seem to become so engaged with my subject matter that I can think of little else until I finish my painting. This week I have been tempted to start something else as my work on the easel of blossom was becoming a marathon to resolve. I am glad I remained focused on the one work as it took all my imagination and techniques to complete my watercolour early this morning. It was worth the wait.
I had been working on photographs to show me the blossom and even though I have seen many of our trees coming into blossom as I am out and about I no longer have our plum tree for real life inspiration as it grew too big for our garden.
I spent time doing a quick small painting testing out my colours so had really prepared well.
After about 4 sessions this week I was not really getting anywhere. The turning point came about this morning when  I brought a small piece of a branch into my studio that I snipped from a tree, found on the side of the road yesterday, it gave me a real life connection to the blossom and this made all the difference and I was able complete the painting.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, such beautiful blossoms Lorraine! The snipped twig and flowers really look inspiring to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful, the colors are so fresh and true to real , awesome job !

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.