Worth the Wait

A Hint of Spring
56cm x 43cm on Saunders Waterford CP 425gsm

I am not a painter who easily works on more than watercolour at a time as I seem to become so engaged with my subject matter that I can think of little else until I finish my painting. This week I have been tempted to start something else as my work on the easel of blossom was becoming a marathon to resolve. I am glad I remained focused on the one work as it took all my imagination and techniques to complete my watercolour early this morning. It was worth the wait.
I had been working on photographs to show me the blossom and even though I have seen many of our trees coming into blossom as I am out and about I no longer have our plum tree for real life inspiration as it grew too big for our garden.
I spent time doing a quick small painting testing out my colours so had really prepared well.
After about 4 sessions this week I was not really getting anywhere. The turning point came about this morning when  I brought a small piece of a branch into my studio that I snipped from a tree, found on the side of the road yesterday, it gave me a real life connection to the blossom and this made all the difference and I was able complete the painting.



Comments

  1. Wow, such beautiful blossoms Lorraine! The snipped twig and flowers really look inspiring to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful, the colors are so fresh and true to real , awesome job !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.