Year of The Poppy

The Poppy - Lest We Forget a significant remembrance flower
and for me this year a constant reminder of happiness in my life

Poppies 1994

I have always been fond of Poppies and when I first dabbled in watercolour back in 1994 attending a once a week evening class, I only had about 3 or 4 paintings that seemed worthy of buying a frame. I gave painting away due to the stresses of my working career and this first Poppy painting is hanging on our family room walls with its 1994 date next to my signature and is a constant reminder of my art beginnings.





When I began painting again in earnest back in 2011 it was a Poppy and Daisy painting I did in about July that really inspired me to go down the path of loose florals and I entered it in a local art show and it was sold which gave me the confidence to carry on with this style of work.
I have also been thrilled to have my "Wild About Poppies" painting featured in a literary book Blades of Wind which was launched last month and this painting too has subsequently found a new home.
We are  brand new to grand parenting this year (3 babies in 9 months) and my husband Ian is so proud to be a new Poppy!
I may not complete much more this side of Christmas but I was really keen to finish with another Poppy piece to round off our Poppy year

Poppy Love
Painting size 36cm x 33cm

Comments

  1. I'm glad, as are you and so many others, that you decided to pick up watercolor painting again, Lorraine. The poppy is so appropriate! And always so well done. Congratulations on all your successes, much luck to you in your coming endeavors, and how thrilling to have 3 grandchildren in the course of 9 months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Terry, it with the support and encouragement from all my internet artist friends that keep me on track.Have a great holiday season

      Delete
  2. Lorraine, Poppy Love is stunning! Love your 1994 poppy too, and your poppy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry for your kind comments, I took this to the framer today and am looking forward to seeing it finished off

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.