Sunday, 31 July 2016

Cooking in Provence

Gosh it already feels like ages since we holidayed in Provence even though it was just last month.
We were lucky to attend two different cooking classes/demonstrations and this watercolour was created from memories and reference images taken there. Unfortunately the reference photos were not that brilliant as we were in a basement kitchen in a hotel and the lighting was not good. Between photography and trying to concentrate on the cooking the camera settings didn't get enough attention but this was a good thing for me as my painting required lots of choices and artistic input from me rather than be a slave to a reference so I could just go for it.

Cooking in Provence
Arches Hot Press 300gsm
56cm x 38cm
 

2 comments:

  1. Very mood watercolor, love the movement of the cook and the light in the background very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've captured such a nice memory Lorraine. It looked like a wonderful trip for you both.

    ReplyDelete

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.