Maybe



Using new colour combinations for favourite subjects is a way of creating something new and original even if you are using the same reference over and over.
Maybe
Unframed size 43cm x 32cm
In week 4 of my current class the subject was painting black and white and for the white I gave everyone the same reference photo of a goose. I have painted this as a demo twice before back in 2016 but this time as I was about to start my demo one of my students ask that I use the two interesting colours she spotted on my palette and my thoughts were "maybe" this might work.
Cascade Green and Quinacridone Lilac both by Daniel Smith
I tested the new shade Quinacridone Lilac in a recent blog post here and really liked the colour. It is PR122 which is also sold by Winsor Newton as Quinacridone Magenta.
Together these two shades produce a beautiful soft neutral and I enjoyed creating an original work of my goose and know that I will enjoy using this combination again.



 Same Subject Painted in 2016

Take a Gander

Take Another Gander

Comments

  1. What a beautiful bird piece. And thanks for the color combo to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias por la información. La combinación de color es algo complicado, dominar la técnica requiere práctica y atrevimiento, como es tu caso. ¡Enhorabuena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unusual colors but they work perfectly!!! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine - lovely piece with the best colors. Thanks for sharing. Hope your month of May was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome results, each unique and beautiful, Lorraine!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.