When the Sun Shines

When the Sun Shines
Unframed size 56cm x 43cm

Who doesn't feel good when the sun shines. Today I painted roses using the very first bloom to appear in our garden. This particular bush rose had been out shadowed in the garden by a weeping tree and some lavender so at the start of winter my husband moved it to an open position in the rose bed. How happy it must have been to get some sun as it showed the rest of the roses how beautiful it can be as soon as the Spring sun arrived.
I enjoyed continuing experimenting with my new colours from Da Vinci and beside the yellows I have already tried this painting included Fire Ball and Kathmandu Alizarin - such exciting pigments and such fantastic names.





Comments

  1. Lovely painting! That rose bush must have been so happy to be out in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your rose Lorraine! Great paint names for sure. My roses need way more attention...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorraine - gorgeous roses - I can almost smell their fragrance. Your colors are so beautiful. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love sharing my journey with fellow bloggers and your feedback through comments is always appreciated.